As school begins in the coming days, back to school pictures become the norm on social media.
And according to the internet-safety group Enough Is Enough, sexual predators and traffickers are watching for identifiable information in those photos.
Details that they say should not be on posts about your children include:
– Age or birth date;
– Address, either written or identifiable in photo;
– Name of school or their teachers;
– Sports or hobbies or where your child spends time;
– Location-sharing or “check-ins”;
– Child’s email or phone number, and
– School uniforms
The group also reminds parents to set social profiles to “private” or “friends” modes only.
A safety checklist can be found here.